I love everything Christmas and especially traditions. So today I’m sharing a few of my favorites – some we currently keep and others I would like to start implementing, especially as Emberly gets older and we add siblings to the bunch (no, this is not an announcement). This year we will be in Germany for Christmas, so we may not get to all of our traditions, but I am so excited to introduce Emberly to all things Christmas!
• New Christmas pj’s for the whole family, matching of course – open them either December 1st to wear the whole month or Christmas Eve to wear Christmas morning
• Sip hot chocolate while driving around looking for the best lit up houses
• Make Christmas cookies and pass them out to the neighbors
• Fondue dinner after the Christmas Eve service
• Host a gingerbread house decorating party
• Open stockings Christmas morning before breakfast
• Stocking shopping night – pick a store, a price limit and a time limit, and then shop for each other’s stockings
• Start an Advent calendar at the beginning of the month
• Put up the tree while watching a Christmas movie – typically the weekend after Thanksgiving
• Drink hot chocolate & play games by the light of the Christmas tree
• Read the Christmas story Christmas morning after opening stockings
What are some of your Christmas traditions?