I’ve noticed a few new faces around here, and since I always love learning random facts about other people, I figured I would share a few of about me today (#1 and #2).
- I love the comforting sound of the dishwasher going in the evening – it means the kitchen is clean & closed for the day.
- I always forget to clean off the dryer lint, despite my mom trying for YEARS to train me otherwise.
- I currently have at least 5 grey shirts in my closet and they all serve a different purpose.
- I rarely exactly follow a recipe when cooking and often substitute items when baking.
- My first car was a manual VW Beetle. I had never driven manual before and had to learn very quickly.
- Loren’s sister was my roommate my senior/her freshman year in college, and whenever we would all hang out together people used to think she was his girlfriend and I was his sister.
- I played the violin in high school, but haven’t really touched it since then.
- I love having pictures, but hate being in front of the camera (as the above photo can testify).
- I obsessively close all my apps on my phone when I’m done using them. Except iMessage and my baby schedule app.
- I can’t keep plants alive. I got 3 succulents for my birthday last year, and the last live one is barely hanging on.
What are some random facts about you?
Share in the comments below!
I’ve been rather absent from the blog since baby’s arrival, but it’s time to pick things up again! Starting off my official return with a few recent life highlights:
Emberly had her first Dr. visit and wasn’t a huge fan of getting naked for that.
We broke out the stroller and had our first family walk, which also happened to be daddy’s first day back at work.
I took Emberly on her first Starbucks and Target run – teaching her the important things in life! 😉 Also, why can’t all stores have grocery carts as smooth as Target!?
We had a Friday night family ice cream date and walk along the Canal.
Several family members and friends came to meet Emberly.
When Loren’s parents came for a visit this past weekend, they babysat Emberly for a couple hours and Loren and I snuck away for a baby-free coffee date.
This past weekend, I had the privilege of helping host a bridal shower for my friend Vashti. It was so much fun (and these are all the pictures I got)!
And one more baby picture because she’s just too cute.
That’s about it for now!
We’re are taking our first roadtrip (just to Cincinnati) with baby this weekend, so we’ll see how that goes!
…that this should actually be a recipe post but I failed in the meal planning and grocery shopping department this week and didn’t have what I needed.
…that I’m excited to see my family from Germany next week! There will be 7 adults and 2 kids staying in our 2-bedroom apartment for a night and I can’t wait.
…that I’ve slacked off working out the past 2 weeks. But that changed this morning.
…that I’m super excited about our maternity shoot tomorrow, even though it’s probably too early for one. Baby bump, grow some overnight, please!
…that renewing/applying for passports is slightly daunting.
…that I have a new-found love for coconut milk. It makes our morning smoothies so much better!
…that I wish we had a beach vacation planned, but gotta save for our Christmas Europe trip! #priorities