It’s not too early to start talking about Christmas, right? That’s right, it’s never too early.
I love everything Christmas and especially traditions. So today I’m sharing a few of my favorites – some we currently keep and others I would like to start implementing, especially as Emberly gets older and we add siblings to the bunch (no, this is not an announcement). This year we will be in Germany for Christmas, so we may not get to all of our traditions, but I am so excited to introduce Emberly to all things Christmas!
• New Christmas pj’s for the whole family, matching of course – open them either December 1st to wear the whole month or Christmas Eve to wear Christmas morning
• Sip hot chocolate while driving around looking for the best lit up houses
• Make Christmas cookies and pass them out to the neighbors
• Fondue dinner after the Christmas Eve service
• Host a gingerbread house decorating party
• Open stockings Christmas morning before breakfast
• Stocking shopping night – pick a store, a price limit and a time limit, and then shop for each other’s stockings
• Start an Advent calendar at the beginning of the month
• Put up the tree while watching a Christmas movie – typically the weekend after Thanksgiving
• Drink hot chocolate & play games by the light of the Christmas tree
• Read the Christmas story Christmas morning after opening stockings
What are some of your Christmas traditions?
A couple of years ago, I was introduced to the wonderful world of podcasts. I liked them for several reasons: roadtrips and work commutes felt so much shorter, my husband and I enjoyed connecting over them and I learned so much random information.
Now that I’m a stay-at-home-mom, I’ve traded the work commute listening sessions for nursing, walks and play times, and they are just as beneficial now.
Here are some of my favorite podcasts:
The Moth – Stories shared from people all over the world told live at Moth Events. Everything from Christmas traditions to most embarrassing moments to crazy life incidents. Who doesn’t love a good story?
Coffee + Crumbs – I’m new to this whole mom life and this podcast, and have only listened to a handful of their episodes, but boy are they relatable! So, if you’re a mom (especially with small kids), and need encouragement or just affirmation, I would highly recommend! You are not alone.
This American Life – A super popular public radio show, every episode has its own theme made up mainly of journalistic stories, with lots of humor thrown in throughout. As they say on their webpage: “There’s lots more to the show, but it’s sort of hard to describe.”
Crimetown – (warning: lots of language) a product of Gimlet media, Crimetown investigates the culture of crime in different American cities. The first season is set in Providence, Rhode Island and focuses on the story of corrupt mayor Buddy Cianci and organized crime and corruption in his city.
Skullcandy earbuds – I have a hard time getting earbuds to stay in my ears, and these Skullcandy ones are my favorite. They come with two pairs of silicone tips (one larger and one smaller) so you can find your perfect secure fit. Another bonus is with their in-ear design, they are partially noise-canceling.
What podcasts are your favorite? Comment below! I always love hearing about your favorites.
I have been a little MIA lately, and for good reason. My blog has been getting an update! I’m still working out some of the kinks, but I hope you like the new look. Come back soon for more!