With all the Christmas & birthday traveling lately, the past few weekends have been busier than usual. This weekend was no different. It’s a good thing Loren and I love to travel together!
Actually the whole past week was busy in the best way. Wednesday after I got off work, we drove an hour towards Cincinnati to meet up with some friends from Cincy for dinner. We had a blast catching up with Caleb and Chelsea swapping engagement stories, stuffing ourselves at Chili’s
and sipping posh drinks at Starbucks
. Can’t wait to celebrate their wedding with them in May!
Thursday afternoon, Joanna and Jeffrey graced our tiny abode with their presence. Nothing better than sitting at dinner for forever because SIBLINGS.
We do our best to make life awkward.
Friday I left work a bit early so we could head over to Columbus, OH to finally meet sweet baby niece Alyssa
! And, of course, get plenty of playing time in with Timothy.
She was only unhappy because we stole her from dinner time.
He’s going to make a great daddy someday. 🙂
We came back form Columbus late Saturday night so we could have a full day at home before Loren started classes again. After a refreshing message & fellowship at church, we had a relaxing dinner and afternoon gearing up for this next semester.
The best bunch of people to have around on your wedding day is your bridal party. I mean, that’s why you asked them, right? Naturally, we had the best of the bunch. Each one of these special people are so much more than sisters, brothers and friends and we were honored that they agreed to celebrate this special day with us.
My beautiful girls. They all looked gorgeous!!
Yellow shoes are the best.
Carolina: youngest sister
Crystal: sister and matron of honor
Joy: pretend sister
Dennae: cousin and maid of honor
Don’t they look dapper!
William: my brother
Michael: good buddy
Crawford: other good buddy
Ricky: yet another good buddy
Dad: best man
Got caught taking a selfie!
And then another selfie with the professional camera.
This day would not have been the same without these amazing people. I would love to go back and do it all again!
I’ve never really been inclined to make New Year’s Resolutions because I like to be flexible, but mainly, let’s just face it: I’m forgetful and lazy. But this year I am determined to make just a few resolutions and stick to them. I’ve heard from various sources that the secret (if there is one) to keeping resolutions is to not make an overwhelmingly large amount of them. You can only truly handle so many!
Designed by Loren C
- Get out of my comfort zone. Being the introvert that I am, I don’t especially fancy going out of my way to make conversation with people I don’t really know. However, this is rather selfish and I need to actively reach out to those around me. I’ve actually started working on this at work, and it’s not so bad! 😉
- Work out. Cliché, but necessary and especially hard in the winter when I would rather curl up under a blanket with coffee and watch Gilmore Girls. I do have a ten minute walk from my parking lot to work, but 20 minutes of walking a day doesn’t really cut it. I do have some equipment (when you have bookshelves, and big heavy textbooks, why use weights?) and our apartment complex has a nice workout room, so no excuses.
- Try a new recipe every week. Kind of an easier one for me since I love to cook & bake, but I tend to fall back on the same recipes every week. Or just make something up. Thankfully, Loren is pretty easy to please in this department, so I don’t think he will mind if he gets new dishes thrown at him once in a while. And what else is Pinterest for?
- Expand my blogger audience. I’m still new to this blogger world, so part of this task is researching and connecting to other bloggers.
- Take more pictures. I missed several precious moments towards the end of last year, and I don’t want that to happen again.
2014, thank you for being a fantastic year. So many life changes and blessings were showered on us this year and here are a very few highlights for your enjoyment.
- snow in SC for days
- Skyzone with friends
- Valentine’s Day discovering new places & new food
- finished paralegal school & got my certificate
- checked off getting wedding supplies (hay bale seating for our outdoor wedding)
- Loren graduated from college
- married my best friend
- honeymoon in Charleston & Bahamas
- first married birthday
- roadtrip to Greg & Becca’s wedding in OH
- weekend in Charleston with Will & Sharon
- roadtrip to IN to check out apartments
- moved to IN with the help of mom, dad & Joanna
- Loren started grad school
- started full-time job downtown
- roadtrip to VA for Jon & Rebekah’s wedding
- Carrie & Heather came for a visit
- Nephew Jackson was born
- Dennae visited
- TX trip to pick up a car (I promise, I will post about this trip soon!!)
- Christmas with family in three different states
And that pretty much sums up 2014. 2015, looking forward to all the fun times and growing experiences you have in store for us. Happy New Year!
Happy Birthday to this spunky, observant, sweet 14 year old sister of mine! Wish I could be there to help you celebrate but I’m sure you’re having fun. 🙂 You’ve matured quite a bit over the past couple years and it’s exciting to see the young woman you are turning out to be. I love you!
This past week has been quite a blur. With a 48ish hour trip to Texas at the beginning of the week (more on this another day), it was nice to have a relaxing Christmas here in Indy with my sister and her family.
Christmas Eve we went to their Candlelight Service and it brought back memories of Christmas Eve services back at home in Germany.
Cheese Fondue: a Christmas Eve Tradition I hope we will carry on for a long time!
Christmas morning we woke up (not too bright and early) to have our own little first Christmas morning celebration together before heading back over to Dawn’s for the day. With Loren’s help, I had prepped this amazing
Baked French Toast Casserole the night before and I popped it in the oven at some point before we read the Christmas story and exchanged the gifts we had for each other. I’m looking forward to many more Christmas mornings with my man! 🙂
At some point, we headed over to Dawn’s for the afternoon and got to videochat with my family in Germany for a bit before diving into the delicious dinner Dawn made.
Currently the best snuggler. 🙂
This little guy never stops moving!
My sister should be an interior decorator. I mean seriously, just look at that fireplace!
Other than the pictures above, we were so distracted playing with the nephews and having a relaxing time that, regrettably, we didn’t really take any more pictures.
The day after Christmas, we headed over to Cincinnati to celebrate Christmas with Loren’s side of the family. Once again, we failed miserably in the picture-taking department, but nonetheless had a grand low-key weekend visiting with family opening presents, playing doctor with the nieces & nephew, catching up, taking a Tour of Lights, playing games, watching movies, and trying P.F. Chang’s for the first time. It was kind of hard to head back home after such a great week, but it’s always nice to come back to our cozy little home after being away.
Maybe this adorable picture of Abby will make up for the lack of other pictures. 😉
It’s so fun to have both sides of the family just a short road trip away! The Lord has truly blessed us and we had a wonderful first married Christmas.
From our new family to yours. I hope you have a blessed day and make special memories with family and friends celebrating the reason of the season.
Designed by Loren